[AMBER] Calculate protein energy from simulation trajectory

From: Adam Jo Elatico <ajelatico.up.edu.ph>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 16:10:28 +0800

Hi all!

I'm searching for a way to calculate a protein's energy from simulation.
Currently, I employ cpptraj to strip nonprotein atoms, then calculate
protein energy from each frame using ParmEd. I have the ff. questions:

01. What is the energy unit of the ParmEd? Is it kcal/mol?

02. Sometimes the term "Egb" shows up in some structures (i.e. crystal).
What is this term for?

03. How do I execute the program to handle multiple coordinate files? Is
there a more streamlined way to do this? Because, I've noticed that ParmEd
takes a very long time to analyze.

Thanks for the time in answering my queries.

--
*Adam Jo J. Elatico*
Science Researcher