Re: [AMBER] Is Amber18 compatible with GCC-7.x?

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 10:55:58 -0400

On Sat, Jul 21, 2018, Mirza Ahmed Hammad wrote:

> I just want to ask whether AMBER18 is
> compatible with GCC7.x or not?

I use gcc7 all the time, and have not seen any problems.

> After installation for each step I tried to run tests through 'make -j4
> test' command, but it is always giving me error
>
> "Error: Could not import Amber Python modules!
> Probably your Amber Python environment was not set up correctly.
> We recommend adding the line:
> test -f ..... (sh/bash/zsh) "

1. Did you accept the offer to download miniconda at the configure
stage?

2. What is the result of "echo $PYTHONPATH"? Note that it is not enough
to have "source amber.sh" in a startup file: you have to make sure that
the startup file has actually been run.

....dac