Re: [AMBER] mask behavior with ions?

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 10:06:55 -0400

Hi,

This mask:

(:11.CD<:5.5)&:Na+

means "Select all residues within 5.5 Ang. of atom CD from residue 11)
AND those residues must be named Na+". If you also want the specified
residue you have to include it in the mask somehow, e.g.

(:11.CD<:5.5)&(:Na+|:11)

Another possibility that might work for you is the 'closest' command
after selecting your Na+ ions as solvent.

Hope this helps,

-Dan