Re: [AMBER] error in leap prmtop incprd preparation

From: Matias Machado <mmachado.pasteur.edu.uy>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 19:59:11 -0300 (UYT)

Dear Senal,

Leap can add hydrogens (and other missing atoms) to the structure, so in principle you don't need protonated structures just the correct residue names to describe the desired protonation state which is important in case of HIS, GLU, ASP and LYS residues.

Notice that, HE2 and HD2 are common hydrogen names describing protonated GLU and ASP residues (GLH and ASH in AMBER). Those hydrogens may be added when pH is considered in the algorithms for protonation. I generally use pdb2pqr to set the protonation according to a pH and I choose the naming scheme of AMBER so the affected residues are renamed accordingly. I've never used H++, but it may not change the residue names despite adding the protons. That is important, because other force fields (e.g. CHARMM or GROMOS) use the same residue name to refer acidic or protonated states.

So to solve this issue you have to edit the PDB file to either delete those hydrogens from GLU 277 and ASP 391 in case you want to simulate negative charged (acidic) residues or you have to rename GLU(277) and ASP(391) to GLH and ASH to describe the neutral states.

Best,

Matías

PhD.
Researcher at Biomolecular Simulations Lab.
Institut Pasteur de Montevideo | Uruguay
[http://pasteur.uy/en/laboratorios-eng/lsbm]
[http://www.sirahff.com]