Re: [AMBER] Need help regarding CpHMD with T-REMD

From: Cruzeiro,Vinicius Wilian D <vwcruzeiro.ufl.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2018 14:29:53 +0000

Hello Saikat,

Are you interested on:

1) describing some structural property of your system at a single value of pH?

2) describing pKa values or a pH-dependent property (like a conformational change)?

If the answer is 2, you should use pH-REMD instead of T-REMD with CpHMD. Simulations at different pH values are important for proper description of case 2.

I answer below your questions, in case you wanna do T-REMD with CpHMD.

1. Should I use -rem = 1 for my simulations?

Correct.

2. In the remd.groupfile should I specify unique cpout filename for each
replica?

Correct.

3. After the run does the cpout file (e.g remd.cpout.001) contains the
protonation states for lowest temp trajectory? Or do I need to process
cpout files like we process all trajectory files to extract a particular
temp trajectory?

You would need to process the cpout files to sort them by target temperature. In Amber18 this is now trivial to do (a new AmberTool called fixremdcouts.py does it easily for you, but the cpout format for REMD simulations in Amber18 is different than in Amber12). I suppose that for the paper you mentioned the code was modified to print the target temperature to the cpout file so that it could be sorted afterwards. I can't imagine how you can do this with Amber12 without modifying the code.

I hope this helps,

All the best,

Vinícius Wilian D Cruzeiro

PhD Candidate
Department of Chemistry, Physical Chemistry Division
University of Florida, United States