Re: [AMBER] packmol error

From: Gould, Ian R <i.gould.imperial.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 12:43:04 +0000

Hi Gustaf,

You may want to try AMBAT which we have developed for preparing lipid systems, it is in AT 18.

Cheers,
Ian

Tyrell: I'm surprised you didn't come here sooner.
Roy: It's not an easy thing to meet your maker.
Tyrell: What could he do for you?
Roy: Can the maker repair what he makes?

Bladerunner

--
Professor Ian R Gould, FRSC.
Professor of Computational Chemical Biolog

On 05/07/2018, 13:38, "David A Case" <david.case.rutgers.edu> wrote:

    On Wed, Jul 04, 2018, Gustaf Olsson wrote:

> The packmol installation bundled with amber fails to build a system with the following error
>
> ERROR: Packmol was unable to put the molecules
> in the desired regions even without
> considering distance tolerances.

> Which is a bit of a surprise since the packmol installation from
> “packmol” builds the same system without error. Is this expected
> behaviour?

    Thanks for the report.
    Can you provide a simple example that illustrates the problem?

    ...regards....dac