Re: [AMBER] How to reference the integration algorithm?

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2018 08:42:29 -0400

On Wed, Jul 04, 2018, Elisa Pieri wrote:

> I would like to add a citation in my text to reference the integration
> algorithm that Amber uses (leapfrogish if I understand correctly). Any help?

The scheme is velocity Verlet. The Wikipedia article on "Verlet integration"
is a good place to start.

Note the most Amber simulations use a thermostate, bond-length constraints,
and perhaps a barostat. This makes the actual integration procedure both more
complex, and more difficult to describe.

....dac