[AMBER] Simulation of bilayer with negative pressure

From: Debostuti Ghoshdastidar <debostutighosh.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 14:43:10 +0530

Dear amber users,

I am totally new to membrane simulation.

I want to simulate a protein embedded bilayer system with applied
negative pressure (say
-100 bar). I have read from the literature that I can achieve this
either by semiisotropic pressure coupling where I can explicitly set
the pressure on xy plane as -100,
or by using surface tension coupling.

I am interested to go with the surface tension coupling. But I am not sure
how should I set the input parameters for achieving the required
pressure of -100 bar.
Moreover, what parameters do I need to validate post simulation?

Can Somebody please guide me in these regards?

Thanks a lot!

--
Debostuti Ghosh Dastidar
DST SERB National Post-Doctoral Fellow