Re: [AMBER] Problem with g++ compiler with boost (AmberTools18)

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 08:11:13 -0400

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018, Abdul-Rashid III Sampaco wrote:

> I am installing AmberTools18, and I noticed that even though I have boost
> libraries properly installed in my computer, the test for the presence of
> boost in $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/configure2 fails.

First, be sure that you plan to run packmol_memgen. No other part of
Amber depends on boost.

Second, please visit ambermd.org/Installation.php, where we list the
packages needed for various flavors of Linux. Does your distribution
match one of those, and have you installed all of the recommended items?

> Forums in StackOverflow state that this is a bug in the boost libraries. Is
> there any fix to this so that installation runs smoothly?

The installation should "run smoothly" even if the boost libraries are
not found; it will just not be able to compile the packmol_memgen
program. Please let us know if this is not your experience.

...regards...dac