[AMBER] Problem with g++ compiler with boost (AmberTools18)

From: Abdul-Rashid III Sampaco <absampaco.up.edu.ph>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 13:48:11 +0800

Hi,

I am installing AmberTools18, and I noticed that even though I have boost
libraries properly installed in my computer, the test for the presence of
boost in $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/configure2 fails.

The message is as follows:

Testing the g++ compiler with boost:
     g++ -fPIC -lboost_thread -lboost_system -o testp testp.cpp

Warning: Could not link to boost. Ensure boost-thread, boost-system and
boost headers are installed.
Warning: Failed command:
     g++ -fPIC -lboost_thread -lboost_system -o testp testp.cpp
Warning: Check boost.compile.err for error details.
Warning: Memembed functionality in packmol_memgen not available.

boost.compile.err has the following error:

/tmp/cc99velw.o: In function
`__static_initialization_and_destruction_0(int, int)':
testp.cpp:(.text+0x4c): undefined reference to
`boost::system::generic_category()'
testp.cpp:(.text+0x58): undefined reference to
`boost::system::generic_category()'
testp.cpp:(.text+0x64): undefined reference to
`boost::system::system_category()'

I also tried compiling testp.cpp separately, and the only fix I found was
adding the flag -DBOOST_SYSTEM_NO_DEPRECATED.

Forums in StackOverflow state that this is a bug in the boost libraries. Is
there any fix to this so that installation runs smoothly?

Rashid