Re: [AMBER] Configure cuda

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 20:58:16 -0400

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018, Kadir Ozcan wrote:

> export CUDA_HOME=/Developer/NVIDIA/CUDA-9.0

Be sure you have installed updates at least up to update.8 for
AmberTools17: that is required for CUDA 9.0. (I'm guessing you have
done this, since I think you would have seen a different error message;
but it is best to check.)

> cd $AMBERHOME
> ./configure -cuda gnu
>

> Obtaining the gnu compiler suite versions, e.g.:
> gcc -v

What gcc compiler are you using? What is the result of typing "which
gcc"? of typing "gcc -v". If your gcc is /usr/bin/gcc, you are actually
using the clang compiler.

> While ‘ ./configure -clang ‘ gives me the following error:

Is the above a typo? Can you confirm the exact command you used?

I'd recommend installing gnu compilers from a distribution like
macports. But that doesn't explain the messages you are getting. We
need the information requested above to be of much help.