Re: [AMBER] atomic radius data in amber library

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 11:09:03 -0400

On Sat, Apr 07, 2018, Rakesh Srivastava wrote:

> It will be very helpful if someone could tell where in the Amber library I
> can get the atomic radii data for all atoms of amino acids.

I think you should be careful here: the concept of "atomic radius" only
transfers somewhat to force fields. If you want to compute the minimum
energy distance between two atom types, you can add their Lennard-Jones
radii, which are mostly found in $AMBERHOME/dat/leap/parm/parm10.dat
(for ff14SB; look in leaprc.protein.xxxx for other protein force
fields). You will have to manually connect atoms types to actual atom
names by looking at the .lib files in $AMBERHOME/dat/leap/lib.

But this is only one, special, definiation of "atomic radius". Be sure
it is the one you want.

....dac