Re: [AMBER] Questions about SEBOMD with Divide and Conqure method

From: Gerald Monard <Gerald.Monard.univ-lorraine.fr>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018 17:18:17 +0200

Hello,

What you see is probably a bug.
I have rerun the test case in $AMBERHOME/test/sebomd/AM1/water1 and
indeed, if you turn 'method = 0' to 'method = 1', sander hangs forever.

That said, please be careful about two things:
1) The divide and conquer method is designed to be used on "large"
system. Here your system is very small (just 1 water molecule in gas phase)
2) as said in the Amber documentation, 'method = 2' (and 'method = 3')
are to be preferred over 'method = 1'. In my experience, they scale
better and converge also better. If you use 'method = 2', sander does
not hang anymore :-)

Sincerely,

Gerald.

  Prof. Gerald MONARD