Re: [AMBER] How to Develop New Amber ForceField For Borons

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 12:40:10 -0500

There is. If you want a more hands-on approach to making force fields, you
can try the new mdgx tools as illustrated in these tutorials:

http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial28/index.php
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial32/index.php

I haven't done boron, so it will be important to choose a QM basis set and
method that will work for it, but being such a light element it seems that
there's little holding you back, judging from the EMSL Basis Set Exchange.
You'll need some computers, but you've probably got access to a Beowulf
cluster, and an idea of how your molecules should move so that you can try
some initial configurations, then see what you get as the force field
evolves.

Dave