Re: [AMBER] Question about Parmbsc1 Force Field

From: Dan Gil <dan.gil9973.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 11:11:30 -0500

Sorry, let me clarify...

I am simply searching for where someone got these numbers for the 12-6
parameters of Na+ and Cl-:

| sigma (nm) epsilon (kJ/mol)
Cl 4.40104e-01 4.18400e-01
Na 2.58400e-01 4.18400e-01

This was included into a force-field set in GROMACS with parmbsc1 for the
DNA. I am digging through literature to find a source for these numbers. I
was only hoping some of the files in Amber would have hints about where to
look.

Honestly, I am starting to think that these numbers are probably incorrect
since they are not equal to the parameters used in the parmbsc1 paper (
https://www.nature.com/articles/nmeth.3658.pdf)... I'll keep looking.