Re: [AMBER] Question about Parmbsc1 Force Field

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2018 16:44:21 +0100

Hi Dan,

I am not sure what do you mean by the "Amber force field files" ? If you
are using Gromacs, why do you need the Amber files ?
In Amber, there are several newer ion parameters available (Cheatham,
Li&Merz) .. From your emails, it is not clear what are you actually
trying to use and in which software ... Unless you are more specific, I
guess it would be hard for anybody to give useful answers ....

Vlad

On 03/02/2018 04:24 PM, Dan Gil wrote:
> Hello, I found the references for the Na+ and the Cl- LJ parameters. But
> these are not matching with what I have in GROMACS (I am using GROMACS with
> parmbsc1 force-field that someone else prepared). Is there somewhere I can
> download just the Amber force-field files?
>
> Dan Gil
> PhD Student
> Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
> Case Western Reserve University
>

> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 2:38 PM, Dan Gil <dan.gil9973.gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you very much everyone!
>>
>> Dan
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 11:32 AM, ABEL Stephane <Stephane.ABEL.cea.fr>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Dan
>>>
>>> it refers to the following experimental paper
>>>
>>> [1] J. Applequist, J.R. Carl, K.K. Fung, An Atom Dipole Interaction Model
>>> for Molecular Polarizability. Application to Polyatomic Molecules and
>>> Determination of Atom Polarizabilities, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 94 (1972) 2952
>>> –2960.
>>> https://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/ja00764a010
>>>
>>> HTH
>>>
>>> Stéphane

Vlad Cojocaru, PD (Habil.), Ph.D.
Project Group Leader
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine
Röntgenstrasse 20, 48149 Münster, Germany