[AMBER] leap (UNKNOWN ATOM TYPE: O3)

From: Ruth Helena Tichauer <rhtichau.laas.fr>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 13:46:59 +0100

Dear Amber users/developers,

Few days before, I’encountered the following problem when building parameter and coordinate files with tleap, reported in the leap.log file only:

> source oldff/leaprc.ff99bsc0
> loadoff mga.lib
> loadamberprep gtp.prep
(UNKNOWN ATOM TYPE: O3)
(UNKNOWN ATOM TYPE: O3)
(UNKNOWN ATOM TYPE: O3)
Loaded UNIT: GTP
> loadamberparams gtp.frcmod
Reading force field modification type file (frcmod)
Reading title:
# Modifications to the AMBER94 force field for polyphosphates
(UNKNOWN ATOM TYPE: O3)

Professor David Case, gave me the following workaround:

addAtomTypes{
   { "O3" "O" "sp2" }
}

But now that I try to apply it again (as I still get the same "UNKNOWN ATOM TYPE: O3" error message), it does not work any more:

Welcome to LEaP!
(no leaprc in search path)
> addAtom Types{
> {"O3" "O" "sp2"}
> }
ERROR: syntax error

Any idea on how to solve this? My Ambertools version is:

./update_amber --version
Version is reported as <version>.<patches applied>

        AmberTools version 16.22
             Amber version 16.12

Thank you for any insight in solving this problem,

Sincerely,

Ruth