Re: [AMBER] Has anyone determined a fix for QM_CHECK_PERIODIC or inability to include solvent in qmmask error

From: Goetz, Andreas <agoetz.sdsc.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 07:59:18 +0000

Jim,

The QM check works fine, this looks like a problem with qmmask: the QM selection gives 40 atoms in AAA_salt_qmmm_orc_David2.out while ambmask with the same mask selects only 6 atoms (for what I think is the matching prmtop/inpcrd that you sent in a different email). This makes the QM region plus cutoff too large to fit in the box. You can see this in the output, the QM region + cutoff size in x, y, and z direction must be smaller than two times the radius of largest sphere inside the unit cell.

All the best,
Andy

Dr. Andreas W. Goetz
Assistant Research Scientist