Re: [AMBER] AMBER/ORCA for QM/MM

From: <minyuan.mail.ustc.edu.cn>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 09:13:21 +0800

Hi Andy,

Thankyou for your reply. I have only one computer with 16 CPU and one GPU. Is it suitable to install ORCA which requires openmpi?

BestWishes,
YuanMin

minyuan.mail.ustc.edu.cn

From: Goetz, Andreas
Date: 2018-02-27 05:04
Subject: Re: [AMBER] AMBER/ORCA for QM/MM

Link atoms work exactly as with the built-in semiempirical and DFTB methods. They will be added automatically if your QM/MM boundary crosses covalent bonds. Make sure to cut only across single bonds and not across polar bonds, i.e. C-C single bonds typically are appropriate. See also the Amber manual.

All the best,
Andy

Dr. Andreas W. Goetz
Assistant Research Scientist