[AMBER] Coordinate resetting (SHAKE) cannot be accomplished, deviation is too large NITTER, NIT, LL and J are 0 1 151

From: KRIPI TOMAR <bo16mtech11004.iith.ac.in>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 12:54:35 +0530

Dear Amber users,

I am trying to simulate a DNA system with Amber16 sander.MPI ,it gives a
problem in the equilibration .
The process is aborted with terminal error displayed as :
" *MPI_ABORT was invoked with rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD with
errorcode 1* "

I went through the output files of the system and found error as stated in
the header of this mail.
I have gone through the Amber mailing list and relevant to error written .
Accordingly I tried using my system with ntp=0;ntb=1 in the input file but
the error continued to occur .
Error in .out file is :
 " *Coordinate resetting (SHAKE) cannot be accomplished, deviation is too
large NITTER,NIT,LL and J are 0 1 151 436 437* "

And failed to generate .rst files, .crd files

Looking into the atom numbers in the error I found that the atoms donot
pose much of steric hinderance to the system.
The contents of my initial input file are as follows :
"
&cntrl
  imin = 0,
  irest = 0,
  ntx = 1,
  ntb = 1,
  cut = 10.0,
  ntr = 1,
  ntc = 2,
  ntf = 2,
  tempi = 0.0,
  temp0 = 300.0,
  ntt = 3,
  gamma_ln = 1.0,
  nstlim = 10000, dt = 0.002
  ntpr = 100, ntwx = 100, ntwr = 1000, nmropt=1
 /
 &wt type='DUMPFREQ', istep1=1 /

 &wt type='END' /

DISANG=res1
DUMPAVE=test.dat

LISTIN=POUT

LISTOUT=POUT

Keep DNA fixed with weak restraints
10.0
RES 1 18
END
END "

Kindly share your suggestions upon the problem !

Thank you in advance and regards,

Kripi Tomar
IIT Hyderabad