Re: [AMBER] Problem with using Monte Carlo Barostat algorithm in pmemd cuda

From: Roma Mukhopadhyay <roma1988.nmsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 16:53:55 +0000

Hi Andreas,

I did minimize and equilibrate my system and then started simulating my system. Since I am trying to run 100 ns of simulation i broke it down into small steps to avoid getting NaN values, because I often get it when I try to run the whole 100ns simulation at one go.

Attached are the two production run files with exact same input but the energy values are different, and this difference is based on the random seed number, which I still don't understand why should influence my energy (I am using ntt=1). If I use the same ig number I get the exact same value, but still the system crashes with NaN.

Thanks

Roma