Re: [AMBER] AMBER disk usage on CPU or GPU nodes

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2018 09:58:43 -0500

Hi Stefan,

AMBER does not make use of any temporary disk space when running so there really aren't many advantages to having local disk on a node for AMBER unless you have a slow or overloaded cluster wide storage. One advantage of local disk on a node might be for writing output data there as part of a workflow that also did the analysis and then discarded the intermediate simulation data but that would likely be a very specific use case.

All the best
Ross