Re: [AMBER] Trajectory processing

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2018 08:48:13 -0500

Hi,

Just to make sure I understand you correctly, the issue is that some
of the frames in your trajectory as written are corrupted (e.g. all
coordinates are 0.0 or something)? That usually indicates a problem
with the underlying filesystem (or network if it's over NFS) which is
something the software cannot correct.

However, skipping bad frames can be done automatically with cpptraj, e.g.:

trajin mytraj.nc
check skipbadframes <mask>
trajout fixed.nc

where <mask> selects your solute. If you're using the GitHub version
of cpptraj you probably don't even need the <mask> since the latest
version of the 'check' command is orders of magnitude faster.

Hope this helps,

-Dan