Re: [AMBER] Units used in ff14sb

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 11:30:37 -0500

you're right, it looks like those are in nm. The link I gave will tell you
the units that are used in Amber inputs, and those correspond to the
published values for ff14SB and the numbers in the force field files that
are provided in the free download of AmberTools (
http://ambermd.org/AmberTools.php).

When it's ported to other programs, the units may change, so it's best to
see what units are expected in the inputs for those programs. If your
original question is about the units expected by openMM (which is what the
Chodera lab's port of ff14SB looks like it belongs to), you might want to
check this link for openMM units:

http://docs.openmm.org/6.1.0/userguide/application.html

The Amber home page also gives links to other pages that describe how to
use the Amber force fields in many other programs, including openMM:
http://ambermd.org/AmberModels.php

hope that's helpful.