Re: [AMBER] Reorienting the protein during simulation

From: Ahmed Mashaly <mashaly_1988.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 10:39:01 +0000 (UTC)

Dear Dan
Thanks for the quick answer.
The box fits very well if the protein is aligned to the main axis, the problem happens after it rotates 90 degrees (it is a very tall protein, so it exceeds the box sides when it is rotated) and one side may interact with the other side in case of periodic conditions.
Another problem is that we are expecting a change in conformation, so we don't want to apply restraints, other solution is to increase the box size from 14 Angstrom to 20 which will take double of simulation time. So before moving to this step I want to make sure that there is no other solution through cpptraj actions? Kind Regards,Ahmed