Re: [AMBER] how to generate the force fied file of AsO3H3?

From: Pengfei Li <ambermailpengfei.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 22:14:10 -0600

Hi Yuan,

(1) A topology file is needed for MD simulations using AMBER. Force field parameters are needed to build the topology file using LEaP. Even the QM part is dealt with QM software during the QM/MM simulation, force field parameters are still needed for building the topology file at the beginning.

(2) Meanwhile, MM equilibration is usually needed before QM/MM simulation, and during the MM equilibration force field parameters are necessary.

(3) Furthermore, during the QM/MM simulation, the VDW interactions between QM and MM parts are calculated based on Lennard-Jones parameters in the topology file.

Hope it clarifies.

Kind regards,
Pengfei