Re: [AMBER] cpptraj: partial charges missing from mol2 file

From: Thomas Evangelidis <tevang3.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 02:04:37 +0100

Thanks for the reply. You were right, the charges were lost at the tleap
stage because I saved the system to a pdb file and reloaded it. I had the
impression that tleap saves in memory the properties (including the
charges) of the ligand, so when I reloaded it, it would recognize it from
the residue name and assign the appropriate charges. Unfortunately, this is
not the case, as a result, the "complex.prmtop" file had charge 0.0 for all
ligand atoms.

Regardless of the charges, I have noticed some differences in the atom
types (carboxyl) before and after writing the mol2 from the trajectory, as
well as some valence issues. I will double check that I am not doing
something wrong and perhaps come back later with details.

best
Thomas