Re: [AMBER] MC barostat

From: David Cerutti <dscerutti.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 03:27:34 -0500

That's correct about the reference--however, the new states ARE generated
by rescaling the volume. The box dimensions change, and the centers of
mass of each molecule move along with it. mdgx and pmemd work differently
in this respect--pmemd rescales centers of mass and thereafter treats every
molecule as a rigid body, but mdgx treats all molecules as stretchable
along with the box, insofar as the molecules themselves are flexible, again
to my recollection. The particle count is different in each case--mdgx
counts all rigid molecules (i.e. waters), all rigidly constraints groups
(i.e. SHAKE-constrained bonds), and all other atoms in the system when it
tallies up N. pmemd looks solely at the number of separate molecules, to
go hand-in-hand with its molecular virial convention.

Dave