Re: [AMBER] protein && DNA in implicit solvents

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 10:31:57 -0400

we did some tests in our paper on the GBneck2 model for nucleic acids. Keep
in mind, though, that energy/force calculations for big systems with
implicit water can actually be more computationally demanding than in
explicit water. Carefully benchmark your system to find out.

Refinement of Generalized Born Implicit Solvation Parameters for Nucleic
Acids and Their Complexes with Proteins
Nguyen, H., PĂ©rez, A., Bermeo, S., Simmerling, C., Journal of Chemical
Theory and Computation, 2015, 11 (8), 3714-3728
DOI: 10.1021/acs.jctc.5b00271
PMCID: PMC4805114