Re: [AMBER] help for the installation of Ambertools 17 on Mac

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 08:08:18 -0400

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017, huangwc8 wrote:

> I am trying to install Ambertools 17 onto Macbook Sierra 10.12
>
> The Fortran version is 配置為:../gcc-6.3.0/configure
> 6.3.0

What is the result of typing "which gfortran" at the command prompt?

> Error: Unable to compile mixed C/Fortran code.
> Please check your compiler settings and configure flags.

I suspect that you are not using one of the "magic" versions of gfortran
that works with clang.

Since you have compilers installed via macports, I'd recommend configuring
with "gnu" rather than "clang" as the compiler option. (Avoid using
gcc7 if you can.)

...good luck....dac