Re: [AMBER] Generating a dimer starting from monomers using MD

From: Karl Kirschner <k.n.kirschner.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 12:57:46 +0200

Hi Jac,

  A couple of suggestions. Have you tried to see if you can obtain a stable
dimer using just molecular mechanics minimization (i.e. no MD, no chloroform)?
This would tell you something about the force field, and if it were
possible at all. Second for you MD simulation, I think it will very much
depend on the temperature that you run the simulation. Maybe room
temperature is too high to observe long-lived dimer formation. Try some
temperatures that a lower until you observe what you think you should. (Too
low of a temperature will result in not enough molecular motion to sample
configurational space. Too high of a temperature would result in high
kinetic energy/motion of the molecules.)

Bests,
Karl