Re: [AMBER] Vector math: a couple of questions

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2017 12:54:11 -0400

On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 12:43 PM, George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com> wrote:
> If I want to calculate angle deviations from a specific reference structure can I set up the reference first e.g.
>
> reference X-ray.pdb parm X-ray.pdb [A]
>
> and then use
>
> vectormath reference [A] vec1 VA vec2 VB out vec.dat dotangle

Not exactly. What you would first do is calculate the vector from the
reference using 'crdaction' (since a reference is just really a COORDS
data set):

reference ref.pdb [A]
crdaction [A] vector VA <vector keywords>

Then you can calculate your vector from whatever trajectory:

trajin mytraj.nc
vector VB <vector keywords>
vectormath vec1 VA vec2 VB <vectormath keywords>

Hope this helps,

-Dan