[AMBER] barostat with large coupling constant

From: R zu <rzu512.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 21:14:57 -0400

Hi.

After minimization and a short heating, I try to run NPT equilibration
before running NVT production simulation.

The volume of the last frame of the equilibration isn't close to the
average volume.
I worry that the NVT production would have a high pressure like 100 bar.

So, I run a second NPT equilibration with a berendsen barostat that has a
very large coupling constant.

Is this second equilibration crazy?

By luck, the final volume of the second NPT equilibration is close to the
average volume of the first equilibration.

In a fit of rationalization, I found a paper with a large coupling constant:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/304405264_On_the_anomalous_temperature_dependence_of_cellulose_aqueous_solubility

Thank you.