[AMBER] SHAKE failure

From: Lizelle Lubbe <LBBLIZ002.myuct.ac.za>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 12:30:13 +0000

Dear Amber users,

I've prepared my glycosylated metalloprotein using tleap and attempted minimization, heating and equilibration. Upon equilibration (having ntc = ntf = 2) I almost instantly get the following error:

vlimit exceeded for step 61; vmax = 27.0336
vlimit exceeded for step 62; vmax = 536.4434

     Coordinate resetting (SHAKE) cannot be accomplished,
     deviation is too large
     NITER, NIT, LL, I and J are : 0 5 6058 12494 12495

     Note: This is usually a symptom of some deeper
     problem with the energetics of the system.

Atom 12494 is the O and atom 12495 the H1 of a Zn-coordinated water molecule (described using published forcefield parameters). Since the O and H1 are explicitly bonded I do not understand why SHAKE would want to constrain these bonds. Am I reading the error correctly? In parmed.py printBonds, printAngles, printDetails and printDihedrals for this water molecule all seem fine.

Could anyone please help me to solve this issue?

Lizelle Lubbe

PhD (Medical biochemistry) candidate
Department of Integrative Biomedical Sciences
University of Cape Town
Disclaimer - University of Cape Town This e-mail is subject to UCT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT, it is sent by the sender in an individual capacity. Please report security incidents or abuse via csirt.uct.ac.za