[AMBER] protein-membrane visualize in VMD

From: Kanin Wichapong <kanin.wichapong.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 18:00:05 +0200

Dear AMBER users

I run simulations of protein-membrane complexes and now I tried to
visualize trajectories. I prepared the input files using CHARMM-GUI and
also used the topology files that I got from the web-server for
simulations. My system contains DOPS for which the force field (lipid 14)
for this lipid is not yet available in AMBER16. Therefore, I use charmm36
force field from CHARMM-GUI for my simulations. When I load the parm file
that I got from CHARMM-GUI in vmd, I got this messages

Info) Atoms: 315920

Info) Bonds: 0

Info) Angles: 0 Dihedrals: 0 Impropers: 0 Cross-terms: 0

Info) Bondtypes: 0 Angletypes: 0 Dihedraltypes: 0 Impropertypes: 0

Info) Residues: 315920

Info) Waters: 0

Info) Segments: 1

Info) Fragments: 315920 Protein: 0 Nucleic: 0

It seems that there is no information about bonding between atoms therefore
when I load trajectories file I can’t visualize structure properly (atoms
represent at dot and are not connected to each other to form structure). I
check the parm file but there are also the sections such as

%FLAG BONDS_INC_HYDROGEN

%FLAG BONDS_WITHOUT_HYDROGEN

which should give information about bonding.

I would like to know how to change/modify or give bond information in the
parm file in order to visualize structure and trajectories properly and
nicely.

Best Regards,

Kanin Wichapong