Re: [AMBER] Protein drifts out of the periodic cell

From: Michael Shokhen <michael.shokhen.biu.ac.il>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 15:35:22 +0000

Hi Daniel,

Many thanks for your email.

I fully agree that "everything is periodic"

I well familiar with the scientific background of the periodic cell approximation
accepted in MD simulations of a real macroscopic system of water solvated protein molecules.

In fact I wrote in my email about a drift of one protein molecule relative the frame
of truncated octahedron periodic cell observed in the 3D image generated by cpptraj,
when I used the following script despite the containing autoimage parameter:

parm ../mc.prmtop
trajin md_prod17.rst
autoimage origin
trajout md_prod17_100ns.pdb pdb