Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py failing with topologies

From: Sebastian Franco Ulloa <s.franco1412.uniandes.edu.co>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 06:42:48 +0000

Dear Dwight,

thank you for your response. Only one mdout file was written: __MMPBSA__complex__g.mdout.0

The error that is written in the end says:

   3. ATOMIC COORDINATES AND VELOCITIES

  FATAL: NATOM mismatch in coord and topology files

However, this seems a little strange to me because the topology was created with tleap from the pdb file I'm giving as input. I think you should know that the MD simulation was run in Gromacs, and then I took one frame (.gro) and converted it to .pdb to then use it with tleap and MMPBSA.py. The only thing I modified in the pdb files was that I added some lines with the keyword TER where the chains end (Gromacs always puts everything in one chain only). Could this be related to the error?

Again, thank you very much for the help,

Sebastian Franco-Ulloa

University of Los Andes

Bogotá, Colombia

Sebastián Franco Ulloa
201126968
Representante del Departamento de Química