Re: [AMBER] pmemd and sander simulations different - sander equilibration crashes

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 07:25:07 -0400

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017, Chayya Bhargac wrote:

> I am trying to run a NVT simulation on AMBER.
> When I try running the simulation with sander,
> it doesn't run and I get an error (shown below).
>
> But when, I run the same using pmemd, it runs to
> completion. What could be the reason for this?

Odd. Are these parallel runs?

I'll repeat the usual debugging strategy: the sander run fails on steps 4 and
5. So, you need to run a short simulation (say nstlim=100), and set ntpr=1,
in order to get any information on what is going on. Do the same thing for
pmemd. See if the intial step is the same; see when the two runs diverge
from each other.

....dac