Re: [AMBER] Error in MM-PBSA -- BondError: Cannot exclude an atom from itself

From: 康宁 <sherry.k_007.sjtu.edu.cn>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 09:04:24 +0800

Is there any method to calculate binding free energy of a metal ion to a protein?

Thanks.

--------------------
Regards,

Kang Ning
E: sherry.k_007.sjtu.edu.cn
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2017 01:11:27 -0700
From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.edu>
Subject: Re: [AMBER] Error in MM-PBSA -- BondError: Cannot exclude an
        atom from itself
To: amber.ambermd.org

This is a guess in the dark, but if an atom could somehow be bonded with
itself, perhaps this could result.

Bill

Hi all,
I want to calculate the binding free energy of a metal ion to protein, and I set the metal ion as ligand,
But when I used MM-PBSA to calculate via amber14, an error occurred:

“BondError: Cannot exclude an atom from itself”

If I added an water molecule to the ligand, mmpbsa could work. So the top file, crd file and input file is correct. But I still want the result just containing metal ion and protein.

If anybody could suggest something that would be helpful.

Thank you
Regards,

Kang Ning
School of Pharmacy, Shanghai Jiaotong University
M: 15821827306
E: sherry.k_007.sjtu.edu.cn