[AMBER] Problem in restarting pH-REMD CpHMD

From: Elisa Pieri <elisa.pieri90.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 14:43:56 +0200

Hello,

I have a problem in restarting pH-REMD simulations. My calculations were
killed for a hardware problem, and now I have to restart them. But I guess
the calculations stopped right during the writing the rst7 files, because
when I tried to restart using them, I got:

 begin time read from input coords = 20280.000 ps

| ERROR: Duplicate pHs in pH-REMD

because actually 5 out of 6 replicas are restarting from time=20300.000 ps,
while 1 of them is restarting from time=20280.000 ps. I (childishly maybe)
then tried to restart all of them from time=20280.000 ps, by writing out
the corresponding frame from the nc files. What I get now is:

| ERROR: I could not find enough velocities in ph4.5.rst7

So obviously I'm missing a way to write the velocities in those rst7 files.
Is this the way to proceed to restart my simulations? Or is there a better
way?

I hope I made my problem understandable.
Thank you!

Elisa