Re: [AMBER] Cpptraj and parmwrite and strip

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2017 15:05:44 -0400

The 'parmwrite' command writes out the specified topology. The 'strip'
command modifies topology information only for Actions that follow it.
What you want is an 'outprefix' or 'parmout' keyword with your strip
command to write out the stripped topology:

strip :WAT,K+,Cl-,MMG,100,129 parmout out run_strip2.parm7

It looks like you need the 'nochamber' keyword though, so you can use
parmstrip to permanently modify the topology separately:

parm run.prmtop
parmstrip :WAT,K+,Cl-,MMG,100,129
parmwrite out run_strip2.parm7 nochamber

Hope this clears things up,

-Dan