Re: [AMBER] Closest velocities

From: Pär Håkansson <Nils.Hakansson.oulu.fi>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 07:31:23 +0000

Thanks for the suggestion, however I still have problems
(I am trying to educate my self on cpptraj, I mainly used some basic ptraj commands before):
I want to read mdcrd and mdvel files, find the closest solvents and printout the stripped mdcrd and mdvel files
(or a combined file).

I tired the following (testing with two frames):
parm Acet_meoh.prmtop
trajin mdcrd mdvel 1 2 1
trajout mdcrd
solvent byres :MOH
closest 8 :MOL.C1,C2 oxygen closestout closest_meohtest.dat outprefix closesttest
go

There is no message that velocity files are read and no velocity information in the output so above does not work,
hence my question is if it is possible to read both mdcrd and mdvel files (or transform them to a NetCDF format)?

Kind regards,
Pär