Re: [AMBER] I have generated an AMBER trajectory with coordinates, velocities and forces. How can I place the relevant data sets in the text file?

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 08:39:36 -0400

Hi,

What you want to do is currently not entirely possible with cpptraj.
Getting the coordinate/velocity/force data could potentially be done
but it's not straightforward.

I assume the trajectory is in NetCDF format. FYI NetCDF distributions
come with a tool called 'ncdump' which can be used to extract values
from NetCDF files in text format. For example:

ncdump -v coordinates <file>

can be used to extract the coordinates from an Amber NetCDF trajectory
file. 'ncdump -h <file>' can be used to see which variable names are
present in the file.

If you would like this functionality to be a part of cpptraj feel free
to add a feature request to the cpptraj GitHub page:
https://github.com/Amber-MD/cpptraj/issues

-Dan