Re: [AMBER] An equilibration of the membrane protein prepared by charmm-gui

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 16:26:11 +0200

update:

something strange still happens during an equilibration :-)

I am doing NPT equilibration with berendsen barostat, during 10 ns
with the restrains on the protein's side-chains (its strength is
gradually decreased):

  ntb=2, ! Constant pressure periodic boundary conditions
  ntp=3, ! Semi-Anisotropic pressure coupling
  pres0=1.0, ! Target external pressure, in bar
  taup=0.5,
  csurften=3,
  gamma_ten=0.0,
  ninterface=2,

Everything OK with the system, the area-per lipids in around 80

In the next 10 ns I continue to use the same protol of equilibration
but without of any restraints. From this point the system looks really
strange. It starts to change its dimensions rapidly along Z dimension,
the area per lipids is drooped to 60 and becomes stable. From the
visual perspective systems looks VERY elongated along Z (as compared
to GROMACS simulations or CHARM-gui based runs with CHARM36 ff of the
same system run in Amber).

Any suggestions?

James