Re: [AMBER] Parameters for HEME-CYS covalent bond

From: Thomas Charles Pochapsky <pochapsk.brandeis.edu>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2017 08:25:31 -0400

Avijit,
The carbons in the vinyl side chain of the heme are no longer sp2
hybridized in cyt c, since the ligating reaction is essentially an
addition of S-H across the double bond, giving sp3 carbons. You need to
modify the heme parameter file so as to reflect this. The residue type
for both the iron ligand and the ethylene group Cys should be modified
as well, the axial Fe ligand is CYM. Not sure what would be best for
the covalent link Cys, maybe whatever is used for disulfide bridges?

Tom P.