Re: [AMBER] Query regarding 3D-RISM

From: Tyler Luchko (Lists) <"Tyler>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 09:01:42 -0700

Hi Rakesh,

The major difference between the different numbered versions of the Xvv file is support for energy/entropy decomposition in 3D-RISM. For 3D-RISM to carry out the temperature derivatives required for energy/entropy decomposition, it needs the temperature derivative of the solvent susceptibility function and a couple of other values. This was added in later versions of rism1d and the Xvv files were updated to accommodate this and fix some minor issues.

In practice, if you use the current version of AmberTools you won’t need to worry about the Xvv version number. Temperature derivatives are on by default in rism1d, so you will have access to all of the features in 3D-RISM.

As Dave said, supplying initial guesses to 3D-RISM is not an option at present.

Tyler