Re: [AMBER] Simulation of the mechanical stress

From: James Starlight <jmsstarlight.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 10:44:48 +0200

Dear David,

I am interesting in you opinion if it possible in Amber to simulate a
flow on the surface of the membrane via adding a selectively an
acceleration to the solvent (water) in the selected direction?

Alternatively, is it possible via steered md to apply a directed force
on the selected part of the membrane-embedded protein (its
water-exposed loops), which should be again applied in a parallel
direction to the membrane.

Thanks!

Gleb