Re: [AMBER] GPUs job and GUI issue

From: Dow Hurst <dphurst.uncg.edu>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2017 19:41:53 -0400

Hirdesh,
Maestro can use a lot of video ram if ribbons display quality is set to
maximum. I remember troubleshooting why part of a protein wouldn't display
in ribbons on a workstation with a quadro card that had very limited ram.
Resetting the ribbon quality to the lowest setting recovered the ribbon
display to the full protein. It is possible other settings such as
full-antialiasing or ambient occlusion could contribute to video ram
consumption, but I haven't tested that myself.

Sincerely,
Dow
⚛Dow Hurst, Research Scientist
       340 Sullivan Science Bldg.
       Dept. of Chem. and Biochem.
       University of North Carolina at Greensboro
       PO Box 26170 Greensboro, NC 27402-6170