Re: [AMBER] icc version 17

From: Ryan Novosielski <novosirj.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 16:13:27 +0000

What's interesting is that I ran into the same thing, but I have a copy of Amber 16 with AmberTools 16 that was built with the Intel Compilers version 17.0.4. This error clearly comes from CUDA, not from Amber, so I'm kind of at a loss as to how I got past that in the past. I have not tried to build Amber/AmberTools 16 again though recently. I did recently try Amber 16 with AmberTools 17, and I saw this same error that I'm troubleshooting this week.

You will see that some people suggest editing the header files of CUDA to make this work if you do a Google search, as the limitation is likely arbitrary/just what version has been tested. I tend not to do that sort of thing, and see no evidence of it in my CUDA install, but my previous builds were with CUDA 7.5, and this is my first build with 8 (new hardware requires it) -- not sure if that would have changed anything.

Probably not all that helpful, but this is an answer I will also need very soon, and I will share it if I find something out.