Re: [AMBER] Using AMBER FF in NAMD to study Steered Molecular Dynamics (SMD)

From: David A Case <david.case.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 07:32:22 -0400

On Thu, Jul 06, 2017, Bharat Manna wrote:

> I am trying to perform a SMD Simulation of a protein with different Ionic
> salts in NAMD. Some of the ff parameters are only found in the AMBER. So, I
> want to use the AMBER ff.

There are two links called "Using the Amber force field in NAMD" at
http://ambermd.org. One is provided by the UIUC folks and one come from
Rutgers.

> But, for SMD in NAMD I need to provide the force pulling direction (X , Y
> and Z) between the two specified atoms.
> SMDDir x y z
> Can anyone help me to figure out these direction form AMBER toplogy and
> inpcrd files?

I don't see how the direction of pulling has anything to do with force field
you are using. There is nothing in the Amber topology or coordinate files
that would help: you need to figure out the direction based on the particular
system you have.

...good luck...dac